05 May 2014

HEALTH: Fighting a Hard Battle... This Little Lady


The diagnosis is in ......Finally, after all these months and all these posts, I have an official diagnosis from a properly qualified medical professional
I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome......   Perhaps I should feel relief that I finally know what it is. Maybe I should be “staying positive” and looking to the future. But you know what? At the moment, I’m simply trying to come to terms with this new information – to process, digest, accept. And I promise you, it’s not always so easy.I suppose I should start by explaining a little about CFS. It’s an illness that many (including myself, before this happened) dismiss without knowing the facts. Perhaps it should be known as it’s full name – myalgic encephalomyelitis – as the common name is misleading. This is not just about being a bit more tired than usual. That would be perfectly manageable. No, this is an evil, debilitating disorder that pretty much removes your right to live a normal life. It takes away your right to choose what, where, when. Read more